How do I set DMX addresses?

Tech Tips, Ideas and Solutions to common problems

How do I set DMX addresses?

by BillX » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:32 pm

I'm setting up several banks of lights and attempting to control them all with a DMX board. Is there an easy way to set individual addresses, or even groups of addresses so I can control the lights without having to go through an extensive debugging procedure?
Last edited by BillX on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: How do I resolve DMX addresses?

by richard » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:54 pm

The Hexolux D7 series are all individually addressable - but even better - you can program either individual lights, or groups of lights to respond to any given DMX address. The procedure is described in the user manual, but basically, here's an easy way to do it:

Remember, the dimmer control knob is not only a dimmer control, but you can enter different modes by depressing the knob. To enter DMX mode from dimming mode, double-press the dimmer knob. The display will show three decimals to distinguish it from dimming mode.

In DMX mode, as you rotate the dimmer control, the display will show the current address of the illuminator (0-512).

If you are trying to set up a bank of lights, set your DMX board to have the lights you want turned on. Assuming you have your control cables plugged in, when you rotate through the addresses on the illuminator, the light will come on when the address of the light matches the address you selectively activated on the DMX board.

It's a simple and yet elegant way to debug multiple banks of lights, making them fully operational in a very short time. I'm sure others may have come up with processes that work best for them, but that's how I do it. :D
Site Admin

How do I set DMX addresses

by coinnyoraxy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:22 am

Im wondering how you set up poles in question threads? Can anyone help me with this please?

by JameBUYv » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:00 am

How would I set sensitivity on any particular site, ie is there a method to measure what setting would be optimal without resorting to semi auto or to put it another way, so as I am not setting too high or to low.
[url=https://www.hosting-rewies.host/хостинг-выбери-свой/]Выбрать хостинг[/url]

by effona » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 pm

I see that you deleted the last spammer on the forum, is there any way to prevent that like we did for the in-game ones?

интерьер кухни

by Warnerrubre » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:58 pm

Is there a way to set it so you only see the standard font/formatting instead of blue text, different fonts, etc?

by Soags » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:43 pm

Well none of the multiplayer examples show me how to enable 3dbounds for multiplayer. Can u please help me out?

Regards,
Zachz
Attachments
112.gif
112.gif (3.37 KiB) Viewed 744 times
Бесплатные полные уроки Автокад.

by EmpixPiz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:04 pm

I just paid for a Minecraft server but received no information whatsoever on the IP or how to set it up and whatnot. I logged in to the admin CP panel but nothing is on there about the server, what do i do, where do i get the information... any help please?

здорово
Санаторий им Ленина

by TimothyLar » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:30 pm

This software is 90 of what I need, lets say I have a fixture that uses 5 dmx channels 1Dimmer 2Red 3Green 4Blue 5White. I would want to set the dmx value 1 to 100 or dmx 255 all the time and have the midi values change DMX channel 2 through 5. Is there any way to do that with this software, perhaps a config file or something?

by AkiProdo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:22 am

I would like to set one of my buttons on my radio to reverse my car. I have seen the instructions on how to accomplish this for the ex10 but it does not seam to work on my EX-1UR
Image Рисование прямоугольника в Автокад

Next